Projects in Category: Education
Tinley Park, Orland Park & Palos Hills, IL
Multiple projects throughout the school district:
* indicates summer, 12-week projects
+ indicates multiple locations
- Renovations to 30+ restrooms*+
Demolition and reconstruction of 8 locker rooms and
other office/storage areas*
- Little Theater renovation*
- Ultima Special Needs renovations*
- Multiple interior alterations projects*+
- Life Safety renovations*+
- All projects: Injury free
Palatine High School Kitchen & Cafeteria Renovations
Complete demolition, renovation and remodeling of existing 8,000 sq. ft. kitchen, serving area, faculty lunchroom, washrooms, offices and dish machine room during 10-week "summer work" schedule.
Work included: demolition of existing kitchen, new concrete, extensive masonry, structural steel, roofing, doors/frames/hardware, windows, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, sprinklers, water mains, sewers, new ceilings, wall accessories, floor finishes, carpeting and painting while maintaining no disruption to the existing school activities and educational sessions ongoing in the adjacent existing school building.
- All contract work completed within the 10-week schedule
- All contract work completed within the client's budget
- Extensive use of quality control methods to ensure no delays and on-time completion
- Successfully managed and coordinated 27 subcontractors on small jobsite
- No disruption to school activities during project
- Self-performed carpentry and labor
- Happy client
Additions & Renovations
Des Plaines, IL
Three-phase, two-year renovation & addition to the existing middle school in Des Plaines, IL. Tying in original, 1952 construction with new, state-of-the-art educational features.
- 10-week renovation of existing school – Summer, 2010
- New addition project – Fall, 2010 to Spring, 2011
- Additional renovations and tie-in to new addition – Summer, 2011
- 2-story addition
- New administrative entrance
- New cafeteria & kitchen
- New Elevator
- Maintained clean, safe & non-disruptive jobsite throughout entire project
- Students started school on time during each phase of project
- Injury Free
New Television and Radio Studios
A brand new, state-of-the-art television and radio studio is not only a benefit for the students, but for the community. Students will learn about the processes of making television and radio productions that broadcast within the school and online for the community to see. The studio will be used to communicate announcements, cover school events and be a voice of the high school students.
- Brand new, state-of-the-art television studio and radio studio
- New Television Production Studio, Control Room, Green Room, Editing Rooms, Sound Booth, Makeup/Dessing Room, Conference Room, Television & Radio Classrooms, Office
- Extensive client training and demonstrations of new equipment
- Injury free
Frontier In the News...
Frontier Hires Project Manager, Promotes Superintendent
Frontier Construction, a Chicago-based commercial general contractor, announced it has hired a project manager and promoted a superintendent... read more
Join us at The Blue Book GC Showcase April 30!
Meet Frontier at their booth for the 2014 Blue Book GC Showcase... read more
Algonquin Middle School
Additions & Renovations Des Plaines, IL Three-phase, two-year renovation & addition read more